Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Outside Reading #1
When I read Homework by Allen Ginsburg it makes me think about how Ginsburg expresses all his feelings in a poem. I can barely show my own feelings and yet he can write a poem about how he feels toward the whole world. My favorite line in the poem is "I'd throw in my United States, and pour on the Ivory Soap, scrub up Africa, put all the birds and elephants back in the jungle," I love how he takes a simple chores like laundry and turns it in to how he would fix the world. The way Ginsburg relates things in his real life to his writing is amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you really enjoyed that book. Although it is going to take a lot more effort then that to clean up all of these worlds problems. I guess the character just wanted it to seem easy so that people will think that this is not an inpossible job. Who knows. I have not read the book but it sounds like a good book
Post a Comment